The Hip & Groin Clinic
What we offer
The Hip & Groin Clinic are a team of physiotherapists that are leaders in hip and groin injury diagnosis and rehabilitation.
Andrew Wallis, Alesha Coonan and Michael O’Brien form The Hip & Groin Clinic and are particularly skilled at managing complex hip and groin injuries. The team work closely with many of Melbourne’s leading surgeons and sports physicians.
Often patients will have a referral from a surgeon or sports physician, however the Hip and Groin Clinic team are a great first point of call if you suffer from:
- Longstanding hip or groin pain
- A recurrent injury that is making it difficult to return to sport or your chosen activity
- Ongoing symptoms or deficits following surgery
Conditions often managed by the team include:
- Athletic Groin Pain (Previously known as Osteitis Pubis)
- Femoroacetabular Impingement Syndrome (FAIS) aka Hip
- Hip Dysplasia
- Osteoarthritis of the hip
- Rehabilitation following surgery, for example, Hip arthroscopy, Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO), Hip Joint Replacement, Abductor repair, Adductor release.
If you are an inter-state or rural patient, we may see you for an initial assessment only and then liaise with your local treating practitioner during your follow up period.