Do you have buttock pain? Are you wondering if you have piriformis syndrome, deep gluteal syndrome or hip related sciatica? This course might be just what you’ve been looking for.
PART ONE FREE
Is this course right for you? Do you have piriformis syndrome or deep gluteal syndrome? To find out, watch our first lesson FREE!
Detailed Course Videos
- 7 educational videos from Dr Alison Grimaldi
- Finally understand what’s happening!
- Packed with powerful self-help advice
- Regain control & confidence
Downloadable Exercise Program PDFs
- Download exercise cheat-sheets for quick reminders of exercise technique & repetitions
- Easy-to-understand instructions, simple but important cues that aim to help you to get maximum benefit and avoid exercise-related aggravation.
- High quality photographs of exercise position/technique.
Narrated Exercise Videos
- 21 high-quality exercise videos across 3 programs
- Early, intermediate & advanced exercise levels
- Listen as Dr Alison Grimaldi talks you through your technique
- Start at an exercise level that suits you, & progress at your own pace
Developed by Dr Alison Grimaldi, a leading expert in Hip and Buttock pain, this rehabilitation program will give you a detailed understanding of Piriformis Syndrome and other causes of painful sciatica related to the hip rather than the lower back (Hip-Related Sciatica) – together these conditions are now generally referred to as Deep Gluteal Syndrome. You will learn about the likely causes of these conditions, as well as strategies to manage the associated pain.
This program will also provide you with an exercise program in three different levels (early, intermediate and advanced) to:
- improve nerve health,
- improve health of neighbouring structures and
- address factors that might be part of the underlying cause and
- address deconditioning (weakness) that has developed with the lack of normal activity.
Recovering from Piriformis Syndrome, Deep Gluteal Syndrome or Hip Related Sciatica
This rehab program has the specific advice, education, self help tips and exercises to recover from buttock pain
- 7 educational lessons provided via online video
- powerful self-management advice
- 21 exercise videos with clear instruction
Understanding Piriformis Syndrome, Deep Gluteal Syndrome or Hip Related Sciatica
Lesson 2: Understanding Diagnoses: Piriformis Syndrome, Deep Gluteal Syndrome & Hip Related Sciatica. (5:31 minutes)
Lesson 3: What causes Piriformis Syndrome? (6:00 minutes)
Lesson 4: Other causes of Deep Gluteal Syndrome or Hip Related Sciatica (8:13 minutes)
Self-Management Strategies for Piriformis Syndrome, Deep Gluteal Syndrome or Hip Related Sciatica
Lesson 5: Strategies for controlling pain related to Piriformis Syndrome, Deep Gluteal Syndrome or Hip Related Sciatica (16:14 minutes)
Lesson 6: Exercise Program Overview for Piriformis Syndrome, Deep Gluteal Syndrome or Hip Related Sciatica (10:32 minutes)
Lesson 7: What now? Next steps and other treatment options (12:24 minutes)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if this program is right for me?
The introductory video from Lesson 1 is provided above, free for you to view. The video will take you through the signs and symptoms of piriformis syndrome, deep gluteal syndrome or hip related sciatica, and will prompt you to do a quick self-test – this well help you determine if the information in this program will be of value to you.
How long will I have access to the program?
Access this course as many times as you want within 6 months from date of purchase.
Do I need special equipment for the exercise program?
The only piece of exercise equipment that is used in the exercise videos is a large exercise ball (swiss ball). An alternative suggestion is provided if you are unable to access a ball. Otherwise, all exercises use bodyweight resistance only.
Once I have paid, how do I access my program?
3. Once logged in if you hover over the person icon again you will see the option for courses.
Rehab Program Writer – Dr Alison Grimaldi
BPhty, MPhty (Sports), PhD
Physiotherapist, Researcher & Educator
With over 30 years of clinical experience and particular expertise in the management of hip, groin and lumbo-pelvic pain and dysfunction, Dr Alison Grimaldi is Principal Physiotherapist at Physiotec and an Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the University of Queensland. Alison still works with patients with complex hip and lumbopelvic conditions at PhysioTec, and continues to publish, present and provide practical workshops for other health professionals. She has presented at many state, national & international conferences as an Invited or Keynote Speaker, and has run international seminars in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dubai, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Canada and the United States of America.