Low Buttock Pain Relief Sitting – Need A Pressure Relief Cushion
Lower buttock pain or pain in the sitting bones can feel like you are sitting on a hard rock causing a deep ache and at times radiating pain into the back of the thighs. Understanding the problem is key if you want to get low buttock pain relief sitting.
The Right Cushion May Give Amazing Low Buttock Pain Relief Sitting
All too often it is assumed that this pain is related to sciatica or back problems. However, a frequently overlooked but common cause of lower buttock pain is Hamstring Tendinopathy. This is an irritation of the attachment of the hamstring muscles (in the back of the thigh) as they pass over and join into the sitting bones (or ischial tuberosities).
Taking pressure off this area can help with reducing pain and give low buttock pain relief sitting. One simple step is to avoid sitting on hard surfaces and instead using soft cushioning on the chair including a pressure relief cushion – you can read more and purchase these from our self help shop here. It may be necessary to consider the surfaces you are sitting on in your car, home, work and when you are socialising (restaurant seating can be more about fancy design that comfort or practicality).
A pressure relief cushion – specifically to give low buttock pain relief sitting
If a soft cushion is not enough to decrease sitting pain, then you could consider the purchase of a waffle or eggshell cushion, specifically designed as a pressure relief cushion to provide low buttock pain relief sitting by (link) helping to distribute the weight away from your sitting bones.
How else can you get low buttock pain relief sitting?
A specific hamstring rehabilitation program is essential to manage this condition. Your Hip Pain Professional can assess if you have this condition, give you some further information and develop an individualised pain management and exercise program.
Meet our Hip Pain Professionals
Health professionals that know hips
2.Goom T, Malliaras P, Reiman M, Purdam C. (2016). Proximal hamstring tendinopathy: clinical aspects of assessment and management. Journal of Orthopaedic Sports & Physical Therapy, 46(6), pp.483- 493.
3.Lempainen L, Sarimo J, Mattila K, Orava S. (2009). Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy – Overview of the problem with emphasis on the surgical treatment. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine, 17, pp.225-228.
Check Out More You Can Read on this Area at HipPainHelp:
- What is Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy – A Pain in the Butt: Learn what this condition is (also known as high hamstring tendinopathy), and learn what are the causes and symptoms?
- Best Treatment for Proximal Hamstring Tendinopathy. Education and Exercise and the starting point for best treatment of proximal hamstring tendinopathy. Learn about injections, shockwave & surgery
- Hip Related Sciatica (piriformis syndrome, deep gluteal syndrome): what, where and how? Read more about possible cuases of pain higher in the buttock muscles
- Top Tips for Hip Pain Relief Sitting, when Socialising or Travelling. If your nerve pain is exacerbated when sitting this blog may be extremely useful in suggesting ideas to help relieve this.
- Pain Locator Map click on this interactive map to learn what may be causing pain in your area.